We understand that buying an item sight-unseen can be scary. Whether you are buying that watch for yourself or as a gift, we also understand that having a watch on your wrist is different than seeing it online. It's our hope that you’ll love your new watch, but understand that returns are sometimes unavoidable. That’s why we want to make it as easy as possible.
What is this red sticker doing on my watch?
At the time of shipping, all returnable items are affixed with a one-time use sticker, which means that watch has been put through a rigorous inspection to ensure you are getting a genuine product. If you return the watch and the one-time use sticker has been removed or altered, we cannot ensure the watch has not been tampered with. Because of this, we’ll need to put the watch back through our inspection process to ensure the next buyer is receiving a genuine product.
I removed the red sticker. Can I still return the watch?
We understand that receiving your watch can be an exciting experience and you may accidentally take the red sticker off. From your conversations with our sales specialists to the messaging in our packages, we do our best to make sure you are aware of the red sticker, but accidents happen. In the event that you have altered or removed the red sticker, don’t fret—you can still return your watch. However, due to the inspection process mentioned above, you’ll be given a refund of the final sale price minus an inspection fee of 10% up to $500.
Return Merchandise Authorizations:
Returning a watch is easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Contact Crown & Caliber within seven (7) days from the date of shipment to request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number. Email us at
- Once we’ve issued you the RMA, Crown & Caliber will e-mail you pre-paid, fully insured shipping labels. Please follow the shipping instructions to ensure the package gets safely back to our facility. The item(s) must be back to our facility within fourteen (14) days from original date of shipment. All returns must be shipped in both and inner and outer box. The return must include not only the timepiece but also the included watch roll, and any documents, instruments, links, straps, buckles, tags, protective stickers, boxes, authentication papers, manuals, or accessories included in the original package. You may re-use the original black Crown & Caliber boxed that was shipped to you as the inner box. If you no longer have this box, the inner packaging must be a new, unused box. The outer packaging must also be a new, unused box to prevent loss or damage while in transit back to our facility.
- Once the item and all included accessories are in our facility, please allow us up to ten (10) business days to process your refund.
- Provided that you’ve met the above deadlines and the red sticker has not been tampered with, we’ll refund your money back in full!
What is the return policy for clients with watches outside of the US and Canada?
Canadian buyers will have the same return policy defined above as domestic buyers.
All other international buyers are welcome to return their purchase, but it will be the buyer’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be reimbursed for these costs. All other aspects of the return policy apply including time limits, intact sticker, and other requirements defined above.
Crown & Caliber does not reimburse customs fees and taxes for international shipments to Canada or any other country outside of the United States.
Defective Merchandise Authorizations:
How do I send my timepiece to Crown & Caliber for warranty service and how do I get the repaired timepiece back?
- Contact Crown & Caliber within the one-year warranty period to request a Defective Merchandise Authorization (DMA) number. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we’ve issued the DMA, Crown & Caliber will e-mail you pre-paid/fully insured shipping labels. Please follow the shipping instructions to ensure the package gets safely back to our facility. The item must be back to our facility within fourteen (14) days from the issue date of return labels. The timepiece must be packaged in both an inner and outer box. Please only include the timepiece inside your black Crown and Caliber watch roll (if you have it) and package the watch roll inside the inner box. Do not return documents, instruments, links, straps, buckles, tags, protective stickers, boxes, authentication papers, manuals, or accessories with the watch as these items may not be returned to you upon completion of the warranty repair. The outer packaging must be a new, unused box to prevent loss or damage while in transit back to our facility.
- Once the item and all included accessories are in our facility, please allow us up to 4-6 weeks to complete the repair.
Canadian buyers will have the same warranty repair policy defined above as domestic buyers.
What is the warranty repair policy for clients with watches outside of the US and Canada?
All other international buyers are welcome to send their watch to C&C for repair, but it will be the client’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes that are incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be reimbursed for these costs. All other aspects of the warranty policy apply. Crown & Caliber will cover the shipping costs to return the repaired or replacement merchandise to you once repairs are completed. Customers receiving their merchandise back will not be reimbursed for any costs associated with customs as it is returned to the customer’s country of residence.
What is the date of shipment?
The date of shipment is determined by the date UPS picks the watch up at our location. You will receive an e-mail on the date of shipment informing you of the tracking number for your package.
What is an RMA?
An RMA, or Return Merchandise Authorization, is used to help us track our orders and protect against fraudulent returns.
Why do I need to request an RMA?
We want to guide you through the return process and answer any questions you might have. We also want to eliminate the possibility of you sending back an item that is not returnable. Most importantly, we want to provide you with return labels to make your return as easy as possible.
Why does the RMA have to be requested within 7 days?
Crown & Caliber sells watches on behalf of individuals across the world. We pay our consigners at the end of the 14-day return period, but we begin making payment arrangements well before that day. The 7-day timeframe gives us time to communicate with the consigner and let him/her know that there is a pending return.
Why does the watch need to be returned within 14 days?
Because we are a consignment-based business, we have a duty to help our consigners sell their watch. The 14th day marks the end of the return period and payment to our consigners will be finalized.
Will I receive a refund on overnight shipping?
Crown & Caliber ships all watches with 2-day shipping. However, during the purchase process a client may decide to upgrade their shipping to overnight and they are assessed a standard fee. This fee is non-refundable if the watch is returned.
What is the return policy for international buyers?
Canadian buyers will have the same return policy as domestic buyers defined above.
All other international buyers are welcome to return their purchase, but it will be the buyer’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes that are incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be compensated for these costs. All other aspects of the return policy apply (seven days, red sticker still being intact, ect). International buyers who wish to return their purchase will still be required to request an RMA for reporting purposes.
BY USING CROWN & CALIBER’S SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CROWN & CALIBER MAY REFUSE YOUR RETURN FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THIS RETURN POLICY.